This is long overdue, but I ended up re-writing my saltybet bot in Rust, see here.
Quoting from the history section:
This is the third incarnation of this bot. The first was a JS snippet which would randomly bet on red or blue. The second was a bot written in Clojure and, using Elo as a heuristic for placing bets. This project is the third, and probably final for now, series in the saga. From running the bot for a while I've noticed there are highs and lows because of the betting strategy we use. In particular, we always place a bet if we can. In reality, we should really avoid placing a bet if we're not certain of the outcome. The amount of money we place on a bet should probably also change, since we'll always try to bet 10% of our current balance. If you care enough you can probably write a bot which performs much better. I used this project mostly as a way to learn a bit of Rust.